WEB DEVELOPMENT PROPOSAL
Prepared by Yosauce
CLIENT NEEDS STATEMENT
In response to ABC Company’s decision
The following proposal is a complete overview of the agreement made between Yosauce and the client, ABC Company. It clearly defines the scope of the project and the terms under which it will be executed.
ANALYSIS AND CONTENT FRAMEWORK DEVELOPMENT
SITE AUDIT AND RESEARCH
To understand the needs and goals of client, Yosauce will perform detailed analysis (audit) of the existing website. Existing features will be noted and included for possible reuse on the new site.
In-depth market research will be conducted – the findings of which will form the basis of an effective architecture, as well as a future communications strategy. Effective and logical information architecture allows users to locate information with ease. It lays the foundation upon which a website is planned and conceptual designs are developed. The following steps will be taken to achieve these targets:
- Preparation and creation of a detailed site map to ensure clarity of content.
- Implementation of a visual information hierarchy.
- Development of clear and concise web site navigation.
DESIGN AND CONTENT CREATION
During the design process, Yosauce will provide options on the most appealing methods and website layouts (in context of client’s target audiences) for the client to choose from. The options will reflect knowledge and research from within the industry, as well as the client’s specific targets and goals listed in the client needs statement. The options will provide a more aesthetically-pleasing website, with an emphasis on a higher readability of content and continuity of page layout and design which will eventually bleed into marketing materials and an overall uniformity of the client’s company profile.
COPYWRITING AND EDITING
While the design and visual presentation of the project is crucial to making a positive impression, it is equally important that the content be clear, succinct, and persuasive. Even with brilliant ideas, poorly communicating the message (visually and in text) can turn a dazzling project into an ineffective waste of time and budget. You formulate innovative ideas and solutions, let us take your thoughts and concepts and transform them into a cohesive message that your target market cannot say “no” to.
CMS AND FRAMEWORK DEVELOPMENT
During development a “staging site” will be created. The staging site will resemble the production environment where the clients can do the user acceptance testing activities. Tests on the staging site should be passed before deployment of the system into the production environment and accessible by the public.
RESPONSIVE WEB FRAMEWORK DEVELOPMENT AND CMS INTEGRATION
Once a final design is approved, website elements will be created using best practices for high functionality, including templates for the home page, sub-section pages and a third-level sub-page.
Responsive websites respond to the needs of the users and the devices they’re using. The layout changes based on the size and capabilities of the device. Mobile devices and screen sizes are always changing, so it’s important that your site can adapt today or in the future. To see it in action, open https://yosauce.com on a desktop browser and slowly make the browser thinner and wider. You should see the layout magically adjust itself to more comfortably fit the new width of the browser, even if you make the page as skinny as the resolution of a mobile phone.
To allow the client’s team members to update certain elements of the website, Yosauce will install and configure a CMS infrastructure which allows content authors to edit pages without the need to write HTML code. The administrative dashboard will be customized to only show features the client’s team will use. Edits and updates would instantly be reflected on the website. Yosauce proposes to handle all major updates on a quick-turnaround basis. Advanced technical features can be modified via a “developer” login.
Features of the newly-developed infrastructure will include:
- Construction of website code according to the CSS/PHP/HTML standards to ensure maximum compatibility.
- Construction of dynamic submenu (to allow adding of updatable elements).
- Development of dynamic “feature” element for home page, which will consist of alternating images with access to high value information to reach specific clients, existing or potential.
- The ability to easily embed YouTube videos on the website pages.
- An online administrative portal that allows the organization to modify, delete, and add new pages to the website.
- Implementation of a blog feature that will house the news sections such as: Press Releases, Products Highlights, and Tips. This implementation will allow users to post items which are automatically added to the Really Simple Syndication (RSS) feed and to its corresponding subsection archive page.
- Integration of an RSS feed allows users to view and subscribe to the latest updates on the website. This method effectively distributes messaging and news to audiences. This item will be used in conjunction with Feed burner RSS service.
- The infrastructure will also allow additional modules (additional features or capabilities) to be added to the website without having to modify the entire site.
Content migration of all pages and documents outlined on approved sitemap includes:
- Clean HTML on all pages for easier searching and updating
- Creating a standardized format for all pages
- Converting all links to relative links to ensure all links work.
- Creating a standardized filing process of all documents that will be published on the website.
- Content quality-control – though the process is not difficult, it is time consuming and requires a systematic review of each page to ensure that all links work including:
- Confirmation that all information has been migrated.
- Confirmation that all links to online downloadable documents are working properly.
The sign-up module will be integrated on the site. It provides the capability of building an email list to distribute targeted messages to those interested in the client’s products and services. This simple sign-up will allow users to opt-in for messaging in a format convenient to them via email. Note: this item will be used in conjunction with Active Campaign mass e-mail service.
Yosauce can design your website with built-in ecommerce capabilities. Build you brand recognition and customer satisfaction by offering your products online in a full customized store build to match your needs. E-commerce advantages include:
Manage your entire product catalog with ease. Whether it be t-shirts in all their shapes and sizes, music files or software. Even affiliated products from a marketplace. It’s all possible. Powerful product management tools allow you add create detailed product listings with images, videos and more.
Easily manage your digital or physical products by checking how many items you have in stock. Simply enter your product count and our innovative tools will precisely monitor your inventory levels, even providing alerts when you’re running low.
Shipping and Tax
Set up shop with the options of offering free shipping, or flat rate shipping. Cater for specific distribution logistics, like table rate shipping, through a variety of shipping extensions (available upon request.*)
Tax is the last thing you want to think about when opening a shop. We’ve made it simple. Configure tax settings with tax classes & local tax rates.
Bundled with PayPal (for accepting credit card & PayPal account payments), BACS, and Cash on Delivery. You can even offer specific payment gateway extensions (available upon request.*)
Reporting and Marketing
Keep a birds-eye view of incoming sales & reviews, stock levels & general store performance, all from your WordPress backend.
Run complex coupon campaigns offering a range of discount options, usage limits & product / user restrictions as well as free shipping.
We manage everything IT-related
Our fully-hosted solution lets you enjoy the most secure, stable infrastructure available, without the hassle of a third-party provider or an internal IT department. **
* Additional fees may apply
**Service fees may apply
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (CRM) INTEGRATION.
Our internal CRM system includes the following features:
- 360-degree view of user activity: Every page view, custom profile field, email click, form submit, upload, download, comment and commerce transaction in one spot ready for informed decision making.
- Smart lists: Segment your users based on any profile or activity criteria to tag for human follow up, rate leads, restrict content, send emails or just view as a list.
- A single database for everything: No more remote service integrations, sync conflicts or reconstruction of profiles smeared across multiple databases.
- Save time: Never copy an email list or shoehorn another remotely hosted landing page into your site again. Build forms, emails, opportunities and surveys inside you website, all tied to your user database.
- Your data is yours: Unlike remotely hosted providers, our system runs inside your website, on your web server. No data ever leaves your database.
We make it easy to run a multilingual website. Our system lets you translate any section of content that you want.
ONLINE FORM AND SURVEY SERVICES
Yosauce provides professional online form and survey creation services. We can customize such things as registrations, reservations, secure orders, customer surveys, and payment collection using an integration of SalesForce.com, Mail Chimp, and API/Server Post.
Once you begin collecting results, we provide the functionality to email, analyze, share, and download your data. A few feature highlights are. Mobile-optimized forms, CAPTCHA spam prevention and Receive email notifications.
TESTING AND DEPLOYMENT
Once the content and design have been finalized and approved, the client website will also be subjected to several debugging tests to identify and correct any errors that may occur. To ensure it is fully functional for the maximum number of visitors, this project will be tested on:
- Windows XP – 7 platforms and Internet explorer 7 – 10, Firefox 3+, and Google Chrome 40+
After the website has successfully passed all testing, it will be deployed and accessible to the public.
SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION (SEO)
SEO is the overall effort to improve how a website’s content is indexed by search engines resulting in a higher volume and/or quality of web traffic. It raises a website’s overall search ranking when searching with specific, relevant keywords and makes the website easily accessible for those using search engines. To maximize its reach and effectiveness, certain procedures will be instituted to ensure high placement in relevant search engine queries, including:
- Manual submission to all major search engines (Google, Yahoo!, etc.)
- Effective use of keywords
- The posting of all client materials on the website first. This ensures a greater search engine ranking, and places the website higher than web pages that may pick up on the material (newswire services)
- Website Dynamic SEO implementation, which includes:
- SEO optimized code
- Unique page titles based on content
- Keyword injection for each website section
- Metatag management for keyword testing
- Establishment of Google Analytics tracking system for site usage reporting
E-MAIL UPDATES / E-NEWSLETTER
New features and information sent via e-mail messages to encourage visits to client’s website. To execute this, Yosauce will lead in the distribution process and ensure maximum delivery and interaction reports. Pre-existing email lists will be the basis for this distribution, combined with the sign-up module for continuous growth. Note: this item will be used in conjunction with Active Campaign mass e-mail service.
WEBSITE TECHNICAL MAINTENANCE
Yosauce will be provided ongoing CMS maintenance:
Daily Security Check: Malware ,Vulnerabilities and Web Trust
Daily Performance Check with Google PageSpeed and Yahoo! YSlow ruleset
Every 5 mins Uptime Monitor
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By accepting a portion or all the services stated above the client agrees to the terms listed below:
YOSAUCE’S DUTIES AND SERVICES:
- Yosauce will provide technical and creative services to design, develop and launch the client’s online presence.
- Yosauce will provide free promotional web hosting service form the day of website launch to end of the calendar year. Additional conditions may apply.
CLIENT (ABC Compnay) RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- If client accepts free promotional web hosting, client also agrees to use Yosauce's web hosting services for one year at a cost of $450 per year. If client uses promotional web hosting but does not purchased web hosting for at least one year client will be responsible for the cost of the web hosting service at Yosauce's standard rates.
- If client chooses NOT to renew any services stated in this agreement, cancellation request must be provided 60 days prior to renew date. If no cancellation request is received automatic renewal will be processed.
- The Client must have ownership or written permission to use all content provided to Yosauce for use. Yosauce is not responsible for copyright infringements of any material provided by Client.
- Once the website has been developed and launched publicly the client will be responsible for ongoing maintenance including website updates and CMS updates unless Yosauce is contracted to do so.
Client shall pay Yosauce statements within 30 days after each statement’s date. Yosauce shall send Client monthly statements or at milestone set forth in this Agreement for fees and/or costs incurred; Client may request a statement at intervals of no less than 30 days. Upon Client’s request, Yosauce will provide a statement within 10 days: Yosauce’s fees are based on the duties and services set forth in this Agreement.
- Services after normal business hours are available with a 25% additional fee to the hourly rate stated above.
- Services during holidays are available with a 50% additional fee to the hourly rate stated above.
- All payments are final. It is Yosauce's policy that no refunds will be made.
- Services provided are charged at 15 minute increments.
- Services provided onsite or on Holidays are charged at a 2 hours minimum.
Within fifteen (15) days of receiving the monthly statement, Client must notify Yosaue in writing if it disputes any portion of the monthly statement. Client shall specifically identify those items within the invoice that are disputed and pay all undisputed Consulting Fees within thirty (30) days of the statement date. If notice of a dispute is not given within the time required by this section, the invoice is deemed to be accepted as submitted.
NONPAYMENT OF UNDISPUTED FEES
In the event that any undisputed invoice is not paid as provided above, interest at the rate of 15% per month shall accrue, until a full payment is made. In the event that such fees are not paid promptly, Yosauce’s fees and costs shall be recoverable by Yosauce in connection with negotiation, mediation, settlement, and/or an action to enforce payment of fees pursuant to this Contract. In the event that any such fee is not paid promptly, Yosauce also reserves the right to terminate all work on behalf of the Client.
ACCEPTANCE OF WORK PRODUCT
All services provided by Yosauce to the Client are supplied ‘AS IS’. Yosauce will endeavor to produce Work Product of the highest quality possible. However, it is the responsibility of the Client to determine the acceptability of the Work Product at each milestone. If any part of the Work Product is not acceptable for any reason, the Client will notify Yosauce, in writing, of such deficiency within fifteen (15) days of receipt. If the Client does not so notify Yosauce the Work Product will be considered as accepted. Once accepted, Yosauce assumes no liability whatsoever for any part of the Work Product, except as specified below.
- In no event shall Yosauce be liable to the client for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of the use of the website, services, and/or goods provided to the Client. This includes, without limitation, lost profits, business interruption, loss of data or other losses directly resulting from the use of the website, services, and/or goods provided to the Client.
- Yosauce does not assume any responsibility or liability for the content of the websites it designs and/or hosts. Yosauce has no control over any information, materials, or products found thereon. Client is entirely responsible for the website’s content.
- Because of the nature of web design and programming work, websites can appear differently on different computers. Screen resolution, operating system, and browsing software are just a few examples of variables that may affect the way a website looks. The client must be aware of these possible variations and cannot hold Yosauce responsible for these variations.
- Time frame estimates for the Projects are approximated and, therefore, are subject to change.
- While it is the sole purpose of Yosauce to provide a satisfactory, functional website as requested by the Client, Yosauce makes no claims as to the success, usability, search engine rankings, use or interpretation of information, suitability, reliability, timeliness, accuracy of the information, products, and services contained on a website created or maintained by Yosauce.
OWNERSHIP OF WORK PRODUCT
Upon completion of work performed pursuant to this Agreement and payment of all service fees, Yosauce assigns to the Client a non-exclusive license to any item considered part of the Work Product. Client may continue to use the commissioned work to promote the Client’s company or organization regardless of whether he/she chooses to continue further services with Yosauce. Client has the right to add webpages onto its website using the commissioned website design/development. Client does not have the right to resell the website or computer design or development to other companies.
Unless otherwise stated below,Yosauce and their appointees or representatives, may use of the finished work, in part or whole, as samples in any/all verbal, print and/or electronic media for the promotion of their business interests, for consideration already received and without restrictions.
From time to time, the Consultant may include in the delivered Work Product items that are the intellectual property ofYosauce, each of which shall be marked as a “Copyright,” “Trade Secret,” “Trade Mark,” or other Confidential Information of Yosauce (“Yosauce’s Intellectual Property”). Yosauce’s Intellectual will remain the property and possession of Yosauce. However, in such cases where Yosauce’s Intellectual Property is included in the delivered Work Product, Yosauce does hereby grant the Client a non-exclusive worldwide license to make, have made, use, export, import, execute, reproduce, redistribute, modify, display and perform any of Yosauce’s Proprietary Items that are embedded by Yosauce into any deliverables or Client systems as necessary for Client and its affiliates to receive, customize, distribute and otherwise exploit the Work Product, and further subject to the restrictions set forth in this section. Client’s license to the embedded Yosauce Intellectual Property includes without limitation, the rights to:
- Make modifications to completed websites to meet new requirements such as creating new pages, posts and modifying top navigation, footer or sidebar
- Make additions of new custom code to allow advance capabilities such as an API integration
- Disclose source code to a third-party for derivative work used for existing website
Client’s license to the embedded YosauceIntellectual Property is subject to the following License Restrictions. Client may not:
- Duplicate source code to create a sister site
- Modify any copyright or trademark information in source code
- Disclose source code to a third-party for replication or derivative works not used for existing website
NON-DISCLOSURE OF CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
Except as required by Yosauce’s Duties, Yosauce shall not, at any time now or in the future, directly or indirectly, use, publish, disseminate or otherwise disclose any Confidential Information, Concepts, or Ideas to any third party without the prior written consent of the Client which consent may be denied in each instance and all of the same, together with publication rights, shall belong exclusively to the Company. This Article survives the termination of this Agreement. For the purposes of this Agreement, Confidential Information shall mean and collectively include: all information relating to the business, plans and/or technology of the Company including, but not limited to technical information including inventions, methods, plans, processes, specifications, characteristics, essays, raw data, scientific preclinical or clinical data, records, databases, formulations, clinical protocols, equipment design, know-how, experience, and trade secrets; developmental, marketing, sales, customer, supplier, consulting relationship information, operating, performance, and cost information; computer programming techniques whether in tangible or intangible form, and all record bearing media containing or disclosing the foregoing information and techniques including, written business plans, patents and patent applications, grant applications, notes, and memoranda, whether in writing or presented, stored or maintained in or by electronic, magnetic, or other means. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the term “Confidential Information” shall not include any information which: (a) can be demonstrated to have been in the public domain or was publicly known or available prior to the date of the disclosure to Yosauce; (b) can be demonstrated in writing to have been rightfully in the possession of Yosauce prior to the disclosure of such information to Yosauce by the Company; (c) becomes part of the public domain or publicly known or available by publication or otherwise, not due to any unauthorized act or omission on the part of Yosauce; or (d) is supplied to Yosauce by a third party without binder of secrecy, so long as that such third party has no obligation to the Company or any of its affiliated companies to maintain such information in confidence.
Any waiver by either party of a breach of any provision of this Agreement shall not operate or be construed as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision hereof. All waivers shall be in writing.
In the event that any provision hereof is found invalid or unenforceable pursuant to judicial decree or decision, the remainder of this Agreement shall remain valid and enforceable according to its terms.
AMENDMENTS, SURVIVAL AND ENTIRE AGREEMENT
This Agreement may be amended or modified, in whole or in part, only by an instrument in writing signed by all parties. This Agreement supersedes all prior agreements, written or oral, between the Client and Yosauce relating to the subject matter of this Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Client and Yosauce, and no promises or representations, express or implied, either written or oral, not set forth herein, shall be binding upon or inure to the benefit of either party.
TOTAL COST FOR THE EFFORT
TIMELINE AND PAYMENTS:
- Estimated time for completion is six weeks and not to exceed nine weeks.
- First payment 30% ($3,00) – Down payment submitted with approval of agreement
- Second payment 50% ($5,000) – Submitted upon delivery of “Beta” product
- Final payment 20% ($2,000) – Submitted upon delivery of “Final” product
Please note that this estimate is based on our $75 per hour rate. Additional fees may be incurred if we encounter server-side issues which are the cause of client self hosting the website or if client request changes that are outside the scope of this agreement.
APPROVED AS PRESENTED
Tuesday 16th May 2017
Tuesday 16th May 2017